Is a safe, non-invasive treatment that is a simple method of exfoliation designed to remove the dead skin cells on the top layer of skin with a small surgical blade. One session of dermaplaning usually removes up to several weeks of dead skin build-up, leaving you with a fresh layer of skin that looks and feels smooth, radiant, and brand new. Ideal for clients who want a deep exfoliation with no down time which also removes ‘peach fuzz’
Microneedling works by stimulating the creation of new collagen in the skin by penetrating the dermis layer with miniscule needles. This treatment helps the skins’ ability to heal itself, which then triggers the production of new collagen. Additionally, treating pores, loss of elasticity, sun damage, fine wrinkles and minor scaring including acne scars. It also aids topical products to infiltrate deeper into the skin increasing its efficiency.
Microneedling is a machine-based treatment, dozens of needles pierce the skin creating miniscule channels in the dermis layer motivating the skin to heal itself.
Collagen is a protein that provides our skin with structure, holding all the skin cells together. It also gives the skin a smoother and younger appearance. The more we age the more fine lines and wrinkles we get, due to the breakdown of collagen.
What Will you Learn?
- Health & Safety
- The Consultation Process
- Anatomy & Physiology (In-depth types of hair growth)
- What is Dermaplaning & Microneedling
- Who is not suitable for Dermaplaning & Microneedling
- Treatment Application and Protocol
- Treatment benefits
- Product Knowledge
- Dermaplaning blade selection, preparation, use and disposal
- Safe handling of blades before, during and after treatment
- Microneedling – Equipment (Needle depth, Dr.Pen, and technique)
- Anaesthesia (Numbing Creams and Ointments)
- Complications / Contraindications
• Tutor Demonstration of Dermaplaning & Microneedling
• Practical session for students to carry out Dermaplaning & Microneedling
Duration: 1 Day practical training within depth theory
Accreditation: Fully CPD accredited
Entry Requirements: NVQ Level 2 Beauty Therapy, NVQ Level 3 Beauty Therapy, or Level 3 Anatomy & Physiology, or Level 3 Anatomy & Physiology with 12 months Microblading or SPMU,or Medical background
Refresher Courses Available – Please call to speak to a member of the team if you are already qualified however feel you would benefit from a refresher training session as we will be able to assist as we offer bespoke, refresher training.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you can gain adequate insurance, before booking this course. We do recommend you contact your insurance company to find out what their requirements are, as they change all of the time. If you do not have an insurance company we recommend Insync Insurance.