On this course you will learn how to administer B12 injections. Vitamin B12 injections, also known as cobalamin, is essential for many roles in your body. Its main function is to help cells form and metabolize properly. It also plays a role in brain function, supporting neurons and cell formation. It is necessary for DNA synthesis and red blood cell formation. Vitamin B12 is one of the eight B vitamins, all of which are important in maintaining cell health. A vitamin injection can boost your body functions and benefit your health. Because B12 is necessary for so many body processes, getting a vitamin injection has many different benefits.
• Tutor Demonstration of Vitamin B12 Injections
• Practical session for students to carry out Vitamin B12 Injections
Duration: Half Day practical training within depth theory
Accreditation: Fully CPD accredited
It is your responsibility to ensure that you can gain adequate insurance, before booking this course. We do recommend you contact your insurance company to find out what their requirements are, as they change all of the time. If you do not have an insurance company we recommend Insync Insurance.
What Will You Learn?
- Health and Safety
- First Aid & Anaphylaxis
- Anatomy & Physiology
- B12 – A definition
- Pernicious anaemia and other macrocytic anaemia’s: signs, symptoms and patient impact
- B12 and autoimmune disorders
- Causes of B12 deficiency
- B12 and common side effects
- Could it be B12 Deficiency
- Side effects and management
- Contraindications and precautions
- Client Consultation
- Procedure for Prescribing B12
- Injection Sites and Technique
- Infection control