Skin Types can vary (see illustration above for quick assessment).
Normal Skin – This type of skin is generally regarded as not excessively oily or too dry.
- It possesses few or no imperfections.
- Sensitivity is minimal.
- Pores are not openly visible.
- Complexion is considered to have a radiant glow.
Dry Skin – This condition can produce rough and scaly skin, peeling or cracking to the skin and may become prevalent on the back of the hand, arms, and legs.
- Pores less visible.
- Complexion is dull and may appear rough.
- Red patches
- The Elasticity of the skin becomes less effective.
- Wrinkle lines become more visible and obvious.
Sensitive Skin – If your skin is sensitive it can be for several reasons, but it is often a response to particular skin care products. It can show up as
Where sensitive is experienced it may have caused to the incorrect skin care products being used but other factors may be responsible the signs of sensitive skin are:
- Itchiness and red patches of the skin
- Dryness accompanied by a burning sensation.
Oily Skin – Oiliness can change depending upon the time of year or the weather. Things that can worsen oily skin can include puberty or other hormonal imbalances, stress, heat or too much humidity. Where the skin appears to quite oily there may be several factors responsible for this condition. It may be due to external factors (weather – excessive heat or humidity). Puberty and Hormonal imbalance may also be directly linked to oily skin. This can result in the following:
- Skin blemishes, pimples, or blackheads (acne)
- Skin may appear to have a shiny appearance or dull and complexion appears thick.
- Pores will be enlarged.
Combination Skin – Where a combination skin is apparent this results in both dry and oily areas or patches becoming apparent. The T zone (which includes the forehead, nose, and chin) will often be the areas that are oilier. The treatment or response to these will of course be different.
- Open Pores become visible as they appear larger than normal.
- Skin appears shinier.
- The increase in Black heads.